Physical Therapy in Jupiter
Physical therapy helps restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. and promotes overall fitness and health. Our Jupiter patients include post-surgical rehabilitation, auto accident injuries and individuals with conditions such as low-back pain, arthritis, head injuries, heart disease, fractures, and sports injuries.
Treatment often includes exercise; especially for patients who have been immobilized due to an injury or surgery, or who lack flexibility, strength, or endurance. Physical therapy helps encourage patients to use their muscles to increase their flexibility and range of motion. More advanced exercises focus on improving strength, balance, coordination, and endurance. The goal is to improve how an individual functions at work and at home therefore improving their overall health.
Do I need to see a physician before I can receive physical therapy?
- It depends. It is recommended that all physical therapy patients are prescribed treatment from their physician prior to their therapy being scheduled, however, contact us to find out exact steps for scheduling care.
What is the difference between chiropractor and a physical therapists?
- Our Doctor of Physical Therapy will perform a comprehensive analysis of range of motion, including identifying the joints involved, tissue limitations, muscular imbalances and structural pathologies. A chiropractor will treat the spine and are able to order special tests like X-rays, MRIs and blood tests.
How Physical Therapy Works
- Spine Design Chiropractic & Physical Therapy of Jupiter was designed to provide an ideal environment for healing your body, through chiropractic, massage or physical therapy. When you arrive at our office, our Doctor of Physical Therapy will take a thorough history, and evaluation of the entire body including posture and biomechanics, range of motion and joint mobility to find out the cause of pain or disability. You will then discuss treatment options and goals, so that we can customize a treatment plan for you to achieve best results.
- The results are typically dependent upon the patient's commitment. When the patient follows their treatment plan, commits to home care recommendations and uses proper techniques, the treatment is typically very successful.
Before Your Appointment
- It is a good idea to arrive at your physical therapy appointment properly dressed. It is best that you wear athletic clothing that allows you to move comfortably and doesn’t restrict your mobility.
If you are interested in physical therapy in Jupiter, call our Spine Design Chiropractic & Physical Therapy team today!
|Monday||8:00am - 12:00pm|
2:30pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||2:30pm - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:30pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||2:30pm - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 12:00pm|
1102 West Indiantown Road
Jupiter, FL 33458